I've tried a couple of new looks since last entry, and one of them was actually really fun!! One was a pretty big fail, but I'll share it anyways. Just to mix it up a bit :)
(And wowza, 82 views on that last post!)
Okay, hair!!
How fun is this look?! Super fun updo---find it HERE.
Here's my flop...You know when you're really excited to try something, and you have in your head how it looks, and then you sort of pull it off? (this definitely goes under those "Nailed it!!" posts floating around on Pinterest. Pretty hilarious, check them out)
I tried the big teased hair/half up bump and ruby red lips. It was great for about an hour...
Then this happened. My hair fell, and my lips turned out more like Lucille Belle from I Love Lucy. I'm guessing lip liner would have kept it from bleeding. Like I said, lipstick is hard for this chick. (Sorry to everyone who had to talk to me that day afternoon!!) Best part: flopping like this at church. So this is how Amy Winehouse felt...
I've been trying this new technique called "Threading", its like waxing, but great for sensitive skin like mine. I waxed recently, the sides of my face especially and ALWAYS break out in bumps. Even if buying the gentle facial was for sensitive skin. It was sort of awkward at first, my fingers just wouldn't listen...
Thread. That's all you need. Cheap cheap cheap. And more clean than wax. It was originally only done when a woman was getting married or for special occasions. In ancient Persia, threading was a sign that a girl had reached adulthood and become a woman. (I love random facts!!)
HERE is the tutorial. She's annoying, but practical.
I drank honey in my coffee this morning...mostly because I used all the sugar to make no bake cookies. I could seriously kill a plate of drop cookies. I mean, annihilate. I tried a new recipe for making coffee creamer, I feel like such a hippie. A CLEAN hippie. Well, if you consider heavy whipping cream "clean".
Pretty simple, it has heaving whipping cream, whole milk, and honey. I still added more honey, but I really like my coffee to not taste like coffee. Someone posted "If you have to add more than 2 packets of sugar, and 2 creamers, maybe you should be drinking something else..." Its always in my head now when I'm making my coffee.RECIPE.
Is it lame to wear clothes you've made? So fighting myself about this. Its a hard balance. I think its definitely okay if you make your kids clothes, and MAKE them wear it since you've taken the time to make them...
Here's what I mean. Lame "I made this at home" dress? (photo credit: my 6 year old. God bless her for making me look tall and leggy because of her height :D)
I looooooooooooove dinners. Correction, I loooooooooooooooove GOOD dinners. Or more aptly, awesome recipes. Doug thinks I have a knack for picking out awesome recipes, and the tummy agrees :) We had some really delicious meals this week, and these are definitely recipes to keep:
Chicken Parmesan Bites. OH. MY. WORD. Doug wants to open a Chic-Fil-"B" with this recipe. There are no words to how yummy this is!! If you try any of my favorite recipes, do yourself (and your family) a favor and let it be this one!!! I also put a little onion powder and garlic salt in...
Tender Pork Chops. My uncle, who loves to cook and whom we clamor over when he's home so we can try his cooking, introduced me to this recipe. Again, no words. I'm allergic to rosemary, which is a bummer, but I tried a little bite and it just fell apart in my mouth. Doug also wants me to throw this in the recipe queue again!!!
British Beef and Onion Pot Pie. If you were in my freezer swap group, I was going to make this recipe. Its a little time consuming, and I cut it out since we were cooking for 9 families. This is sooooo worth the time. Seriously. I was afraid there was too much broth because it was watery, but when you're serving it the crust ends up soaking up most of it and you're left with a lovely finish!! Add a little jalapeno salt, which was been a must around here!! Excellent comfort food :D
Hoping to get in on and share a fun opportunity soon!! Just maybe!!!
Peace love.
Keslyn


You are too cute! I have to try those recipes now! I just love your blog!
ReplyDelete