I am, however, a backup in case she does end up needing me because this girl is "hard to get a hold of". I feel like I have the world's smallest second string flag. Put me in coach!! Nevermind that I had a sitter lined out and that if she has plans it will all fall apart if I am needed!!
I did go and do a fitting at Savoir-Faire last Sunday, and its a cute outfit. Since there are 20 girls and its a short time slot, we all only have one outfit. I was hoping to have multiple outfit changes and for it to all rock my world, but I'm still excited, because as a 27 year old mom of two, that's amazing I'm even a part of it all :) Next weekend, folks!! I promise I'll stop talking about it, and I've learned a very important lesson: TELL NO ONE UNTIL AFTER IT HAPPENS. (That being said, I have another fun thing in the works for next month, ahh!! SO exciting!! Lips zipped!!)
I've been busy at work being a good little 'naturalist homemaker' (haha). Just saying that makes me want to vomit, because its that sort of goody two shoes, 60's, "one step away from not wearing deodorant" feeling I get every time I talk about these things. BUT, I'm always excited to learn new things and share them. I'm a closet naturalist. A blogalist...nope, can't stretch it that far...
Most everyone knows I love to make my own creamer, and I've finally found a new favorite!! Recipe, you chant?
1 1/2 cup half & half
1/3 cup turbinado sugar (raw sugar, white is fine if you don't have it. Raw is less processed)
1 TBSP vanilla extract
2 TBSP raspberry flavoring (or really any flavoring you like)
Heat half & half and raw sugar in a sauce pot over medium heat, stirring with a whisk until dissolved (it will start to steam), remove from heat. Add vanilla and raspberry flavoring, store in a glass jar up to two weeks...or until "best by" date. I've seen both posted, you pick ;) (Also, that almond butter is AMAZING. We probably won't be buying peanut butter again!!)
I'm trying this tonight, which is a crockpot (yay!!) steel cut oats recipe my mother in law tipped me on!! Hello hot and ready breakfast!!
4 cups water
1 cup steel cut oats
1 chopped apple
cinnamon (to taste)
chopped dried apricots (not pictured. Who wants to post pictures of Great Value bags?? This is optional, I just wanted to try it.)
Add all ingredients to crockpot, set on low for 6 hours. Refrigerate leftovers...breakfast all week!!
These babies are amazing, pretty much on everything. Popcorn, tacos, guac dip, shepherd's pie, crap you don't really like but need to choke down because your wife made it...
Its yummy enough for my husband to order a package of six, and for me to not complain about it.
Do you see this? This is a VERY bright, very lovely 6 year old...who can read!! She read this whole 50+ page book to me, without help!! Someone pleeeeeeeeeease tell her to stop growing up!! I don't remember having to learn to read until I was in like 2nd grade, she's a kindergartner!! Younger, smarter, more beautiful clones to replace us all with...I am just so amazed by her, daily. There are so many things about Lillian that really sort of overshadow Addie and her achievements, its a really hard and very delicate balance to divide your time and love evenly. Lillian is a little more high maitenance, and generally crabby and hard to get along with. I don't know what happened. I don't remember how I taught Addie to be so lovey and sweet, or how I explained things to her that helped mold her into who she is now. So hard to feel like you're failing at something, but when your kid scowls at nice strangers and sticks her tongue out at them, AND throws her had in their direction in a very disrespectful manner, you KNOW you have a problem. She's so strong willed. We're gonna have a reckoning. OH, its happening...
I'm running!! Slowly working on improving my time, but I can't tell you just how good it feels to run!! I truly never felt my body was capable of running long distances, turns out I've been fooling myself. To everyone who is thinking about running, please know you CAN do it, and such a great feeling once you're in that place where you just feel capable. I'm signing up with some friends to do the Bentonville 5k April 6. Slowing my pace and working on achieving the distance has worked-Yeah!! I have a great coach who used to do iron mans, she's so awesome and I'm so grateful to have someone like her helping me kick one more thing off my bucket list. (shout out, Avery!! Shout out!!)
I recently hosted an awesome girl's night in with such a great group of ladies, they all have such fun characters and hobbies that they bring to the group. Its such an encouraging thing when you have an uplifting bond with so many beautiful people, inside and out. We watched Pretty Woman, ate popcorn, painted each other's nails, crafted and shared ideas. Ahh, the best!!
This was a pinterest tutorial headband my friend Kayla brought supplies for (old t-shirts, ha!!) to share. I just keep thinking now: Need.More.Bands...
Headband Tutorial
Picture Party!!
(Note: They're wearing bathing suits so they can exercise like the pilates instructor on the DVD. Addie: "I'm wearing one of those things like you mom, you know, (pointing at chest) for your THINGS.")
Okay, two more fun things
Neutrogena's wave deep cleanser, my face has never felt so smooth afterwards!! Its supposed to help exfoliate...and then EVOO as a night facial moisturizer. Yesssss, a friend told me about this and its amazing!! Not bad for finding beauty treatments from your kitchen!! I'm using this every other night in combination with the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle blah blah blah...
And vinegar. So many uses. My SIL told me she uses vinegar (or apple cider vinegar), just a splash, in a bowl of water to help clean her vegetables. AND, they keep longer because the vinegar is a natural anti-bacterial. I use it in an old squirt bottle as a 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water mix to clean my floors with, and whatever else I decide to try it on :) If not because its natural, then definitely because its cheap!!!
Kids are beckoning, peacelove.
Kes
I love that your using olive oil! I have been washing my face nightly for years now with a 50/50 mix of caster oil and olive oil. And... LOVE IT! My best friend and I both started doing this and we absolutely swear by it. My face has never been better. And... I did hear that if you are prone to breaking out, tea tree oil is the key.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried the white chocolate peanut butter by peanut butter & CO.? It too, is all natural.
Congrats on the running! Keep up the work! :)