Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring is when all the weirdos come out.

I typed in Clogger instead of blogger into the search bar, not so great when it makes you think of baby seals. I hate when people post videos of that, saying "look at the poor things, how could someone DO something like that?" and its almost just as bad posting it. Seriously?

This past week has been busy, just like any other spring week. We're happy to be out and doing since its nice, I need to learn moderation. We bought man furniture, for the man room, and painted in man colors. I say man man man so that Doug feels like he's really got something. Funny how a few toys can make a man chlostrophobic. They're big babies themselves, they just have cooler more expensive toys. Right now its a dark brown, and he's cutting trim to put up. The bronzed overlay color didn't work out so well as a specialty paint, it just made it look moldy...and for a "finished basement", that's bad. So, new plan.

We went to an early morning SURPRISE wedding on Saturday, at the beautiful glass church in Eureka Springs. I know a lot of people wondered how a surprise wedding could even happen, but it did. It was a surprise to the groom. They had planned on getting married, but as far as he knew it was just going to be her/him/the kids. She had invited both families and his friends. It was really sweet. Birthday dinner that night for my SIL, its always a good time when we all get together. The kids play, and we separate into guys/girls groups and do our thang. I ran around with the kids playing graveyard, I can't wait til the girls are that age to run and play with!! I took off my shoes and ran like lightning!! My body hated me for two days after that, hahah.

Sunday was another great day, I love going to Northwest. As soon as service ends, we're swarmed with women coming to see the girls. This super sweet girl Sarah told me that we should do something sometime, and I agreed...she said "Will and I would love to have dinner with you all!" and of course I was like "Come on out to the house!". Then I tried to think of which one Will was. Turns out, its the pastor. Ha!! So I'm cleaning like a mad woman in case she calls soon to cash in on that dinner offer. Biscuits & gravy at grandma's (YUM), then baby shower. I loooooooove baby showers and weddings. It reminds me of all that is good in this world. I'm awful at inviting people over, but I think we're starting off on the right foot getting through that.

Weekly Mess Ups:

Slammed my elbow into the truck door and I thought I chipped the end off. It hurt, SO BAD. Then continued to hit both elbows the two days following. Errrrrr.

Checked the mail, dropped a letter. Opened car door to reach down and grab said letter, took foot off brake while stretching to reach, car rolls forward, door starts closing on me. Slammed on brake. Neck hurts. NEVERRRRR do that, EVER. You are warned!! Thinking about what would've happened if I had hit the gas instead of brakes freaks me out still yet.

Dropped tv. (Doug still doesn't know, hoping its okay and I wont have to tell him what happened) Moving furniture back into place after painting, I put the heavy tv back onto makeshift nightstand/tv stand, then moved whole thing. Cord got stuck, the more I pulled back, the further forward it edged til eventually falling on face. YIKES.

Feeding Lillian at grandma's she throws herself back hitting head on chair. Grandma has a different seat than ours, and Lillian isn't used to it. I looked at her and said "Well, what did you think was going to happen??" (in a sweet motherly tone of course) and Grandma's jaw dropped. AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Now I'm branded as the smart aleck mom who lets her children fall or hurt themselves to teach them a lesson. Which in some aspects, I am, but not extensively. I then realized I was talking to the wrong kid, and still have yet to live that down.

I also tried waxing my underarms. SWEET GOODNESS that was a baaaaaaad idea. That kind of beauty is NOT worth the pain. Nor the initial growth process where you have to wear anything but tank tops in 80 degree weather. BLAH.

I still wonder why Doug thinks I should stay away from his things. Ahahahah. I think he wonders why he hasn't hired someone to surpervise me.

I don't know that I would be labeled as socially awkward, I think I just say things at the wrong time, a LOT. Or go too far with jokes. They're funny in my head, and I have a hard time stopping myself. They have a phrase for that, "Word Vomit". Its like I can't keep the bad jokes down, they just fall out of my mouth uncontrollably.

My positives are like every week, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Painted. Found new preschool book. Bought stencils to paint and make things fun in Lillian's room. Thinking of re-doing the girls' bathroom. Its just NOT working for me any more. This guy wants to trade a concealed weapon carry class for our training collar, AHAHAHAHAHAHA....only in Arkansas!!

That's all I've got.
Kes

No comments:

Post a Comment