Sunday, April 25, 2010

So, its Sunday.

I watched Julie & Julia last night, such a fun girl movie. I was really able to connect with it on the blogging part, and feel like I'm writing to "whoever you are" also. Sending my thoughts out into the fast paced world hoping they won't be swept up and consumed.

My weekly screw ups consisted of:

Placing foot abruptly in mouth as I asked Father (as in Catholic Church Father) if he colored his hair while guessing his age. Why? And then obviously not realizing he was trying to waive my question aside, asked more loudly and clearly, AGAIN.

Letting Lillian cry it out.

Laughing and making a face at a guy riding shirtless on his bicycyle in Fayetteville as he passed, just as his friend who was also going for a ride was coming up on me as well. Facing me.

Sleeping in through my alarm, on a day when the girls slept til 10, missing church.

Almost slicing my finger off, while cutting TOWARDS myself.

Making a diaper carrier and taking pictures of it, the girl who believes she came up with the idea was furious and instead of messaging me, decided to blast me on fb taking it publicly where I was (namelessly) taken shots at. Then she copyrighted the idea. I had no idea for about 2 hours til I had finished a few more.

I also facebooked too much. Way too much.

My weekly positives:

Finishing a preschool book with Ad. She also now knows 8 sight words.

Letting Lillian cry it out. (yes, this is on both lists)

Cleaning the entire house, just short of spring cleaning. Even the window sills.

Demanding and taking hold of an afternoon just for myself. I called it Taking It With Force. I think there are also a few dads who are now scared because they believe I have corrupted their wives into thinking of doing the same.

I wore HEELS when I was by myself.

I found TWO Charlotte Russe dresses, for $6 each.

Tried new wine. Watched 3 new movies, while eating stove popcorn. You haven't had popcorn til you've had stove popcorn.

Cut back on facebooking for two days. I still don't know how I felt about it. Moderation folks, moderation.

Found clothes in random bins in storage that fit the girls, it was like Christmas, for me.


That's all I've got.
Kes

2 comments:

  1. Great post! It made me laugh. I cannot believe someone would blast publicly on fb for making a diaper carrier!!! Those have been around forever... We haven't seen you guys in forever. Let's hang out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to Cat!! I know what you mean, though I think some people are addicted to drama. Its all good, shrugging it off and moving on :)

    ReplyDelete