Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Uhh, WINNING!!



Pretty good, right? I'm thinking of throwing all child labor law caution to the wind and starting "Photography by Addie". Uhh, WINNING!!

Last week was one of the most amazing weeks so far this year!! SO so many good things happened, its almost unfair to the rest of the 51 weeks. Like, really. Seriously.
Doug had an appointment in Missouri Tuesday for an epidural, which may be an alternative to the pain treatment he’s already receiving. It was at 10am, but when you have kids, sometimes its easier to leave them at grandma’s for the night instead of rushing around in the morning ;) Thanks Grandma!! The doctor was Japanese, and had the classic R instead of L syndrome in his speech. I definitely recorded a small bit on my phone, sooooo hard to tell what he’s saying. This actually made it more nerve racking, when you can’t understand everything, and this man is about to put a giant needle in your spine. Ya know?!?
Long story short: it worked, he’s well, lunch in Joplin, faked interest at Ashley furniture, back home by 5!
Turns out, when they use epidural for more long term use (momma’s, instead of just for that one incredible time where you’re glad God made man smart enough to invent medicine!) they do it 2-3 times within 2-3 weeks each time, then possibly once every 1-3 months. The difference is incredible, we just want to see how this works with his body.




Lillian is walking! Walking!! I thought this day would NEVER arrive!! In fact, I had called and made a physical therapy appointment just to see if her legs (calves specifically) were underdeveloped in any way because she uses her thighs so much. They’re freakishly strong. It was like she heard me, rolled her eyes, huffed and said “Well if you’re going to freak out (hands waving vigorously in the air, obviously emphasizing criticism on FREAK OUT) on me, I’ll just get up and do it already. You are so not as fun as they say.” (she’s lying, I’m so much more fun than they say)

I loooove seeing her little body walking around like a little person!! It only took 18 and ½ months of waiting, patiently…And she’s so much more confident about it now, 4 days later showing off and acting like its every day normal. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
Can I just say, or WARN, perhaps that’s a better description, that I am EVERY bit as fun and crazy as you see in pictures when I don’t have the girls to worry about. I am a small person, but there’s a big presence that takes over when my freedom takes hold!! So, there ya go. Its online, living virtual proof that you’ve had the opportunity to be warned. I am not some poised little mommy Barbie, at least, I’m sure I used to be somebody else before this mommy persona took control. I say this, because I have a few outings planned, and ya’ll need to be able to handle this jelly. Hahahah. Yeah…
((and now that I am aware of how my strange face contorts on film, I will try very hard to control it))

My previous hint in my last post can now be revealed! Doug got a raise, YEAH!! So proud, he does so well at whatever he goes for. Just even that he does well at his stressful job WHILE going to school and doing well there is amazing. Shout out. Shout out!!

I am definitely in need of a beautiful vacation. With lots of boozy fruity umbrella drinks. And sand. That is all.
-Kesolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment