I will start this by the most obvious big event since last post-trip to Florida...without kids!! This was the biggest trip and first one we've taken alone since being married. Biggest and alone you say? Why yes, yes I did go there. I went there, stuck my feet in the sand/kelp mixture and came BACK!! I realize this has no pizazz whatsoever without the visual of my flamboyant head bobbing up and down, as I "Whip my hair back and forth" (Willow Smith, anyone? No? Ok.)
I don't feel like I even need to say how awesome the trip obviously was (except that I just did). The first day, however, Doug got seasick and Dramamine that I so tenderly ministered knocked him out for a good four hours. So momma planted her pasty butt on the beach and READ a book, by herself!! This was a dream of mine, nearly as dear as MLK's was to him. Except I didnt speak of equality and civil African American rights with my dream, but I did people watch. Have you ever people watched on a beach before? I almost feel theres a judgemental quality to it, and I know there's no such thing as a "perfect" body in the real world of real working people, but try telling my brain that. "Oh dear, does nobody love you enough to tell you you shouldn't wear a bikini any more?" And "when I'm a hundred like that, I hope I'm as carefree as that, just not caring and letting it all hang out, flapping in the wind." When I finally got my brain to shut up, Doug was feeling well enough to come down and he remarked "Look what grandma's doing with her new hip replacement!" except it really was so, you could tell by the scaring on her left thigh. We liked to make voices, pretend we were speaking for them about their life stories. Aye, such bad habits!! Hahaha.
I am dedicating this section to POOP. Theres really not a good way to fancy this subject up, and if there was, i still wouldn't use it, because poop doesn't deserve to be fancified. Even as a mom, I feel like I deal with it too much. I swear I'm not exaggerating when I say Lillian had a pooey diaper, as I was changing it Addie hopped on the pot and did her thing, after I took care of both and was on my way to throw away the diaper Addie exclaimed very loudly (because there's two volumes with this child, loud and extra loud) that Meelo had pooped behind daddy's favorite recliner. Awesome. Sick. It's as though all three of them are on the same bowel movement schedule. "That's all I have to say about that..."
I have had a few hearty laughs lately at Lillian, she's been SO opinionated and naughty lately, probably that terrible twos thing rolling in early...hanging over the house, casting an ugly and impatient shadow. I swear there's a Kestan in that child too. For real, Kestan's temper and patience...for those of you who didnt have the opportunity to read that post, Doug nicknamed my alter ego (who is a hairier, scarier, maltempered witchy version if myself when I'm tired/hungry/PMSing) Kestan. Which is Keslyn+Satan. You get the idea. This is the point where I should also interject the " We have a strong, witty, teasing relationship" and coming up with such banter is the equivalent of a big hug to us. Plus I am usually amused with such things. Back to the point! She was being particularly trying one day and giving me the daringly fierce stare, so I breathed "Get down and go to time out." very heavily into her face.

She did it! Hahahah...I didn't even know she knew what I meant, but shes seen Addie pay that price before! I so underestimated her! It took a few timeouts before she truly understood to STAY there.
Addie sang into a microphone her cousin had made for her out of tinker toys a very familiar song, tOhe lyrics were a little different! I wish I could upload it!! Her version was:
It's the corner after one
I'm all alone and I need you now
It's the corner after one
I'm having trouble with my phone
And I need you now
Over and over! I laughed quietly while filming it!! Ammunition for her wedding reception? Ha...
Since being home, little pieces of FL have been peeling off of me :/ This reminds me of the week before when I had decided to exfoliate and put.on a thick layer of clear facial mask. When it had dried, I walked into the living room and stood in front of Addie's cartoon and started to peel it off screaming "Ow...OW...OWW OWW OWW!!!" as I pulled off bigger pieces walking toward her, big painful eyes. Bahaha aha....I've never seen her wig out in an intense situation, but now I know she'd freeze in terror just like I do!! She reared her whole body back and up like she was climbing the couch like a mutated slug descendant, flipping her little hand up and down at me "OH!! Mom I don't like it! Don't take your face off!"
And in case you are in need of a pick me up because you might suck at everything and hearing someone else's failure would make you smile:

Aren't these the ugliest rolls you've ever seen? Active yeast and I have a hate-hate relationship, I can never make bread right, of ANY kind...which stinks because I love LOVE homemade bread!!
For those of you that have been following my book search, I read Firelight and The One That I Love. They're decent reads, the first mentioned is a little fantasy-ish and first in a series, I might read the next just to find out what happens to the main character. I hate unfinished series!! I'm off to pick up a book the library just called to let me know they have in, should I be this excited to go read a book on the holocaust? It's a highly recommended and sought after book, Sarah's Key! Pizza/movie night, woo!!

Last one-Doug impatiently waiting for the first batch of ice cream in the new ice cream maker! It's not a salt ice kind, a weird one you can even make gelato with?
-Kesolyn
P.S. Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate my birthday, it always reminds me what great family and friends I have!!
No comments:
Post a Comment