
As I sulk away from the kitchen to retreat into the path of shambles remaining from hurricane Lillian, I am slightly more depressed and frustrated. It is 3 pm and I am still in my now soiled pajamas...powder, crisco, and chocolate handprints cover everything I can see looking down, I don't dare turn around to see what my incapable hands have tried to hide back there. A baby cries in the distant, "Could it be mine?" I wonder. Only time will tell...
Well, you get the point. Ahh!! My beautiful rolls are hard as a rock! The dough I madly threw together for a second try promises to be lumpy. The only thing that seems to have gone right out of my kitchen today are the amazingly awesome granola bars. (insert cheesy grin and giant pat on the back

HERE is the recipe for those bad boys! Maybe not highly nutritional, but homemade deliciousness.
I am still trying to make sense of who I am now, as if bread troubles dictate my character and achievements. "Who are we? A 26 year old non-bread maker who sleeps next to a half man/half machine (sleep mask, very sexy), and still can't keep her almost 2 year old from throwing food on the floor in tantrum?"
"Shut UP brain!" I yell, defensively.
"Well? Did you make bread so you didn't have to go to the store? OH excuse me, I meant EATABLE bread...did you whip up roast beef for Doug's lunch too while you were at it? Or grow a fruit tree in your front yard so the kids wouldn't get constipated? Maybe if you concentrate really hard and chant a spell you can magically replace all of those ingredients you used the rest of today also. Take a shower while you're doing it, you're starting to ripen."
"I think your perseverance and will power are amazing! I just know you'll get it right one of these times!"
"Shut UP heart! Nobody even asked you!" I hiss. All because I wrestled with bread today!!
I have realized I am addicted to Glee. I mean, I have always been a Gleek since I've began watching it, but it's sort of getting out of hand. They've come up with an app for Glee where you can sing songs from the show...all for the low low price of 99 cents per song!! What a DEAL! I have spent probably close to fifteen dollars on the stupid app alone! We do NOT share that with Doug (sorry babe if you're reading this!). I can't explain myself, I truly love using all of my bandwidth each month belting my heart out to short clips. It's ingenious as far as money making goes. AND you get to sing with other suckers (I mean gleeks) if you want, how cool is that?! I get to ignore SO much that way every day while recording and re-recording...

How cute are they? Waiting outside Red Lobster (the crabfest is Ahh-mazing by the way!) to get in, she fought LilliBill to sit next to daddy, tucked her hand in the crook of his arm and settled right in. So sweet are little girls and their daddies!
I wish I could stare shamelessly like Lillian does. Countless times out in public she catches someone's attention by casting her doey eyes their way, with an intense "Everything is still in this perfect moment" sort of way. She literally has no shame, a simple sweet little unaffected mind. Until she hits you in the head with a bag of pancakes she found on the floor while mommy was cleaning out the fridge. "Lillian! Stop hitting your sister with the pancakes! Throw them away, goofus!" Aye, some things I thought I'd never say!
I'm off to pretend I know what I'm making for dinner and that I didn't just fail and break down because of bread. Haha! :)
-Kes
No comments:
Post a Comment