Monday, April 15, 2013

"I married a Good Ol' Boy..." (&VintageCrushPhotoShoot)

Great. I'm "That mom". Myself from about 5 years ago is shaking her head. I feel like I should just put it all out there and define my 'box'. Like every other person in the world, I like knowing which box I can put people in, because it makes me feel secure on my stance and where that person is, how I can define them. This is completely ridiculous and unhealthy, but when you describe someone's personality, its exactly what you're doing. So, since we do it anyways, I'll explain. You can put me in the God box. The sewing box. The running box. The wife/mom box. The craft box. The styling box. The hair box. The makeup box. And, regrettably, the healthy eats box. I say regrettably because there's a fine line between eating healthy, and going off the deep end. Looking at my fb profile this morning, Doug says I've gone off the deep end. I don't feel I have, but if your fb profile makes a quick statement on who you are, then yeah...I guess that might be accurate. This is where I need to explain. I really like nutrition and am passionate about food, I really love finding an amazing recipe. I love finding how these foods work together, and the benefits each present. I'm not trying to save the planet, panda bears, whales, nor create world peace. I love food, and I want food to love me. So I'll keep my interesting facts to a minimum, so everyone can find a box to put me in. :)

I've been so SO proud of Lillian lately, she's really coming out of her shell, thank goodness. She has always taken her sweet time, then done everyone all at once. Her language and social skills are improving, she's more outgoing, her personality is changing and I can SEE her thinking. This is exciting!! I've been waiting for what seems like forever for her to open up and to be honest, had been a little worried it would never happen. We butt heads daily, and I've learned to treat it more as "OH I INVENTED this game, and I am MUCH more stubborn than you!!" type of attitude. Sometimes it works. Sometimes. Still trying to get her to give up using her fingers to pacify, I've tried bribing her with Stompeez, reasoning with her 3 year old logic, telling her babies suck fingers and pacies, even giving her a paci since she must want to be a baby...


She kept it happily in her mouth. All.Day.Long. I had to pry it from her hands.


She even named her fingers like they're a character or a toy. She calls them "Suck Ya Fingers". Says things like "Suck Ya Fingers, watch out!!" and bull dozes them with another toy. Then says "Uhhhhhhhh!!!" in a low gutteral tone, something she's learned from me. A couple of days ago, she turned without looking and ran right into the corner of the door, right on her forehead. The kind that makes you cringe because you know it hurt. I don't know I've had a prouder moment, because in that instant I knew she was JUST like her momma. I've run right into a tree while playing tag before, huge knot on my forehead. She's more and more like a mini-me. I mean, seriously.


Doug and I went to a wedding for some friends of ours, and while we were there, I realized...I didn't know I married a Good Ol' Boy. I knew he had a country heart. He was dipping, smoking, drinking a beer, slapping guys on the backs and laughing heartily. I had never seen Doug more comfortable, more social. Its funny, after 9 years together, I learned something new. We joke about me being Miss Kay, because I like to cook and he likes everything outdoors. I feel like the yuppie wife that's taken him out of his environment...

That same Saturday, I ran my first 5K at the Bentonville Running Festival. The atmosphere was so awesome, being with everyone who had this one thing in common. It was so fun, I'm hoping to sign up for another, its addictive! From there I went to a photo shoot with Vintage Crush for their relatively new line of clothing they're now carrying. It was so SO fun!! There was another girl, Ashley, so sweet, she was actually in NWAFW's show for She Said Yes Bridal boutique. We were changing in our cars on location, and I swear the same dump truck driver drove by at least four times, hahaha...here's a few of my favorites from what I've seen:

















We had a great time, its always fun to dress up and just be girly!

I'm finally slowing down enough and catching up on things around the house. We hope to get it ready to list it soon on the market. Just seems like a big step. Phil. 4:6 keeps popping into my head, "Don't worry about anything: instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." Between considering selling the house, and Doug's job situation, its really what I need to hear. Such a burden lifted.

Thinking about heading to the North East for vacation this year, any good advice you can give on where to stay and what to do in NY would be welcomed!! I have never been, and I've always wanted to go. Also anywhere else in that part of the country, we were thinking of seeing DC too, we're just not sure how long we can see it all in...

Peacelove.
Kes



No comments:

Post a Comment