The safari was EXCELLENT. The funniest part was when we were in the giant monkey barn. As in, a large barn with lots of monkeys. I said that and one of the kids thought there was going to be giant monkeys in the barn, hahaha....anyways, Addie dropped something and bent over to pick it up, a little capuchin monkey reached out and snatched her bow out of her hair!! Bahahaha, I had no idea til I saw the other mommies laughing and pointed me to look at her. By the time I finally caught on that something happened, Addie realized herself what happened and started crying. She screamed at the monkey "Give my bow back!!" and tears started rolling. It wasn't even that she loved the bow, it was that someone took something of hers. I laughed and then looked for someone to get it back. A lady showing the snake off went in to get it, she told that monkey to get over to her and give it up. Then the monkeys started going crazy, and she remembered that she had a snake on and felt it might not have been a good idea any more to be in there. I grabbed Addie up and we left. I can't stop laughing, it was her face. I, for the first time, used my third row seating. We threw all four toddlers in the back row for the safari drive through. DEFINITELY a little entertaining. I think we skipped out of a couple of loops trying to shorten it, and Addie learned that when animals are sleeping on the ground, they might be "dead'. hahahah...aye yi yi. Boys are different, she's learning to be tough.
In a couple of weeks I'm hoping to host our first dinner party. I guess you could call it that. We watched man vs. food and this place in Amarillo, TX makes They have jalapenos, cayenne pepper, and some other kind of hot sauce. My stomach churned watching it, Doug was excited. What's exciting about eating something so sickeningly hot? That you CAN DO IT. Its a man thing I guess. Attempting to dress it up with wine. How bout them apples?
We've been doing little house projects, its weirdly nice to take care of your house and make it better. I repainted the girls' bathroom with leftover paint. Its the same color as the living room, but I tried making colorful circles to make it a little more fun. Doug says they're awkward circles on a refried bean colored wall. Hahahaha...grr. I punched him and give him a dirty look. So I have to fix it. It works for now...
We watched the second Boondock Saints last night, kind of disappointing. I think because it did a lot of referring to the first. A friend told me it was better in the end, she was right. Just before that we watched a ghost hunting show, WHY??? This guy was a joke. The whole thing was. He was totally just on tv to be on tv, he gel'd his hair and wore a muscle shirt that showed off his arms that he was SO proud of. Then he wore a gay italian's hat while he was trying to be serious talking with a couple of men who were reviewing the film, hahahahaha. I don't know why I couldn't look away. It was like roadkill for me. Even though I know its gross, I can't look away...I keep staring at it trying to decide what it was and how bad it was hit. Until I'm right up on it and see it up close, then I shudder and a chill goes down my back. Sick. I won't even tell you how long the turkey bones sat on the counter til I was ballsy enough to throw it away, siiiiiiiiiiiick. And I had to peel the skin off the roaster sheet. *^&^&$%^&%$(. That's how I felt. I kept hoping Doug would do it. I have pagophobia. Its real, not in my head. Punch you in the nose if you say otherwise. I have another phobia where I imagine terrible car wrecks and things that *might* happen to me on the road. Its saved me twice where what I imagined happening, a stupid driver actually did and I called it foresight. The other hundreds of thousands of times are just illogical craziness. But those TWO times it was normal, and smart. Look at me, making you have phobias you didn't even know of. Imagine the insanely weird benadryl-sleep filled dreams I had that night. Like my hands being so dry they've cracked and starting to dust. Yeah.
Doug is making a desk for the computer. He's doing a great job, I'm impressed. But then again, he's one of those perfectionists that measures everything right and his projects turn out exact. Completely opposite of me, and he gets credit for that. Still thinking about that turkey. Very thankful because it was free to me, but idk that I could ever be okay with roasting a turkey. The bumps. Pagophobia. Pagophobia. Pago....
I vacuumed the carpets, and I can't tell you how happy I was becoming knowing with each cleared path I knew there would be no more dog hair...
Doug rolls his eyes when I answer that I'm blogging again. On that note, I'll end my exciting entry ;) I love my life.
p.s. I have no idea how to follow blogs. I'll figure this out a little more.
I don't think the phobia about imaging terrible car wrecks is all that uncommon! Up until a few weeks ago, I thought it was just something weird about me. Then, I started talking to my family about it randomly and ALL of the women in my family were like "Oh man, me too!!" Must be a mom thing :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blog world Kes!!!!
ReplyDelete