Saturday, March 27, 2010

"spring break week"

So, I decided to tell Addie it was spring break week and we did nothing but fun things. She asked me a few times if we could do school, I love that she likes doing it. I still don't know if this is a homeschool thing that will carry on, as my sister-in-law says (who does homeschool) "We'll do it as long as we like it and it suits us." We did playdates, went to see the Super Why team (kids show) at the Jones Center, and had lazy days as we did a little house work. Well, while DOUG did a little bit of house work ;) Jones Center was insane, I have no idea how many people were there but apparently everyone had forgotten how to take turns and wait patiently. So we went into self preservation mode, put a little elbow grease on, facepaint, and fought for project pieces and a chance for our kids to get a picture with the characters. It was worth it, the kids were happy...I think!! When Doug tells me which computer I can use to import pictures off of (yes, sadly I do have to ask or I mess things up. See first post.) I'll post some. hahahah.

I'm sad to report I think I'm losing the battle for plans for the downstairs room. I'm so hard headed, and Doug is too, so its like clash of the titans. And mean. But the way I see it, if the only thing in my life that's upsetting at the moment is "What to do with the downstairs", then I don't really have problems. He wants it to be a man cave. Why every man needs a man cave, I have no idea. He wants to put a bar down there, with man furniture, and gold funky plaster two tone on the walls. I have never thought our taste was on opposite ends til we bought a house and HAD to work together to pick things out. Maybe I'm not getting the concept, I think I used the word FUGLY in my head a bunch of times while I was being closed off to the idea. I laugh when I use that word. Trying to be more understanding, and I guess now I'm in charge of creating a man cave. That's the beauty of marriage people, maybe not necessarily understanding the other person but respecting enough to give a little. Took me a loooong time to get that. I just feel bad for the people at Lowe's that were uncomfortable while standing there with us when we were talking about it. hahahaha...

Addie's recent funnies: "I need money mom." (WTH?? She's 3. I thought that was supposed to be a teenage thing.) She shook her blue piggie bank that holds the random change she finds around the house. We also traded roles as she told me to hold her babies (a bunny and fuschia colored bear) while she got the kiddie stroller ready. Then she told me to hold onto a part of the stroller, exactly how I make her do it with ours. Then we had to walk around, and she told me to hurry up, slow down, and ran me into walls and clipping my shoulder. Do I do that?? hahahah. I suppose I do. Especially when holding onto the cart at the store. I clip her head forgetting to add space for a little person when taking corners. She's getting back at me.


In anticipation of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution show, I bought his book and am planning to cook healthier. Not that we eat bad, I would just like to change eating habits in myself. I make great lunches and snacks for Addie, but I don't eat them myself. I looooove processed foods too much. If I could, I would eat bean and cheese burritos in the yellow package all the time. And pizza rolls. And pretzels with processed cheese. Its simply that everything is so much more convenient in the gross foods world. Ever notice how healthier foods are more expensive at the store? Stupid. They take so much more time to prepare too. But, I feel I am somewhat more commited to making a change and hope to keep in my way of thinking. We already have done better, I don't really buy chips as a snack. I buy better crackers, I don't keep my secret chewy chips ahoy packages around, fiber bars and granolas are a must, fruit is always around, yogurt sans high fructose corn syrup, whole wheat breads. And still yet, sometimes I find myself dumping chocolate chips by the handful in my mouth. I eat my frustrations.

We've started the ball rolling on getting things done for the house. New garage door opener installed, contractor called for making the steps and fixing the flashing, new window sash checked upon, inspiration rooms for the downstairs sought out. Plans for re-doing the garden are being worked on too. Stupid dog. Doug found a great spray to re-do the front rails that have chipped and are making the house look ghetto. Doug is awesome. He's such a Mr. Fix-It, and I'm so grateful I married a guy that CAN DO. He figures everything out, and does it right. Most of the stuff I've said "we" to in this paragraph are really him. Aside from being a great handy man, he also has taken up woodworking. He made a desk for his computer. We were using an old dresser, it was pretty much falling apart. It worked. It was intricute (sp?), there were plans drawn, measurements taken, and things carefully put together. I don't have the patience for things like that.

Lillian is doing awesome. I can't believe we've come this far. Suddenly the apnea machine and constant vomitting seem so far away. I've seen a friend's pictures of her little boy (who was born super early, he only weighs less than 2 lbs. Pray for him) and he was under bili lights (blue lights). I had so much more emotion about it than I knew I had left. I remember being in the hospital having only slept 2 hours within like a 48 hour period and thinking she had choked again and was blue several times. Calling the nurse for help. I'm SOOO thankful. She's working on sitting up, turns in place, and is rolling both ways. 3 regular meals a day with us, and a bottle at night. She sleeps from like 7pm til 8:30 in the morning when her internal alarm goes off. I've always had good babies who slept a looot. Addie wakes up at 7am every morning, and I usually get up with her and have coffee while she watches a cartoon. Then she eats and I feed Lillian. Life is good.

On that note, the babe is taking her morning snooze and Addie is being a bum today watching another cartoon...momma feels like a skank and craves a long hot shower.
Kes

p.s. I still haven't figured out how to follow blogs. I think I did for two. Could someone explain in layman's terms how to do it? Pretty sure I sent friend requests, which are not the same as following?

3 comments:

  1. There is a button on everyone's blogs that says FOLLOW. Click on it. It will bring up a screen that will either ask you to login through your main provider (i.e. google) or it will take you straight to a screen that asks if you want to follow publicly or privately. After you select which one you should be following that person. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! For some reason it just refreshes the blogs they joined, and doesn't take me to their page instead. It will sometimes, but most others not. Maybe its my laptop. Grrr....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your post Kesolyn. I watched the first food revolution and was appalled by the way he was treated. I, too, love processed food too much. It's hard to incorporate fresh when all son will eat is pizza or chicken nuggets.

    ReplyDelete