Thursday, January 27, 2011

"A dark side where all my inappropriate jokes dwell."

There are a few things in my life that bring me joy throughout my day.

We have recently acquired the funniest little dog from a friend who is overworked and over-schooled. She thinks she is attention starved, and always feels the need to touch me, to lay on me if I am still. Very much so a lap dog. I do not mind this. At any given time, and although there are many spots to claim, there are four of us occupying one space on the couch. I, naturally, am to act as the base. Sitting beside me, is Addie. Lillian is standing at my feet leaning against me. Meelo, the dog, is fighting for lap space with Addie. She believes she is a third child. I don’t believe she has ever known herself to be a dog, but simply another person with some sort of super-natural ability to grow thick body hair and a heightened sense of smell to detect what we have eaten by our burps. She has an underbite, which is quite comical on occasion…such as when she’s mad, sulking or just plain furious, she cocks her head over her shoulder (back naturally on you) to look you square in the eyes, underbite screaming “B*tch, pleeeease.”. She’s got jokes. Because of these moments, I always pounce on the ability to laugh hysterically when she misjudges distance, and falls off the couch. Or, say when she walks through the yard, stepping lightly and sometimes scurrying away from possibly having just stepped on one of her bombs. In my head, she’s saying “Damnit! It got on me! Why don’t you clean this place up!” Muahahaha, I laugh, evilly standing there watching her. THAT’S why. I like to presume everyone has a certain feel for how their dogs would be if they could talk. This, is mine.

I finished The Art of Racing in the Rain by Mark Stein, this is probably the source of my point above. This book is every bit as awesome as the reviews say. You may think its silly at first, being written from the family dog’s view points, but it is in fact a good read. He has a dark sense of humor that totally appeals to me, as I have a dark side where all my inappropriate jokes dwell. I can’t say too much without giving away important parts, but I definitely recommend it!

Its amazing how children can change and adapt to their surroundings, flourishing in less than fairytale homes. I truly believe God made children easily adaptable and quick to heal just for such cases. Its funny how dreams change, but still come true all the time. People overlook these small miracles throughout their lives. New dreams emerge practically overnight, keeping pace with our daily life, which ALWAYS evolves. We once dreamed of owning a home. Achieved. We dreamed of going back to school, half achieved. We dream of whisking away for the weekend to some magical island any time we pleased and having the freedom to do so with no responsibilities. Achie…well, still working on that one. When I first became a mom, my dream was for my child to survive me learning how to become a parent. Since nobody has died from my experimental meals, or extreme mood swings once a month, I think that deserves a check. Big thanks to Big Mack Daddy above who surely has made this possible. He really did right by us, creating us in a way that makes us adore our children, becoming fiercely protective of their safety, even from ourselves. Suppose that’s why we become so irrational and uptight after having a baby? I like to think that the parents who don’t care and do more harm to their children than good are more closely related to RATS. Rats (in a Norway study) will actually eat their young. Disgusting vermon who possibly don’t deserve to multiply. You all know someone who is like this. You (like me) might possibly even be related to these, rats.

Recently, I called in to pay an outrageous electric bill. After I gave her my information and begrudgingly paid it, I asked if there was some sort of spike or new fee for everyone last month. She tells me it was an estimated bill!! What the hell! She tells me “It appears, and I’m not sure why, but your meter was never read so it was estimated to be that much.” Great. I have a lazy bastard meter reader assigned to my route. And because I didn’t bother to open with that question, I had already paid and couldn’t get that back. Thanks a lot. Goodbye extra $80.

I am also in an ongoing (but healthy) argument on whether or not pancakes in an aerosol can are awesome or not…

I think I’m going to start a bucket list! I’ve already checked one off recently, it took me way out of my comfort zone. I love control. I am a control freak. My name is Keslyn…blah blah blah. But I did it!

Go for your dreams, shoot for the stars!! (and whatever else the pitiful self help books shove down deep in your mind)

-Kesolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment