I feel like on more than one occasion recently, there’s been a LOT of broadcasts on relationship problems. I am no relationship expert. We could talk more, make more time to communicate. Have you heard the terms, “Make love”? I saw a movie recently that explained it quite well. “Making love” doesn’t just refer to the physical aspect, but as in “Make love work”. As in TRY, fail and stumble, but TRY. I can understand if you fell in love, and that person turned out to be a crazed psychopath who sucked the life out of you, bared bloody fangs and then you decided to end it. What I mean though, is people making a commitment, then bailing when the times get hard. I won’t lie, I do tend to follow the “fight or flight” rules when under stress, visa vie smaller problems. This TRYing thing seems to have ended after my generation. Falling in love, tearing each other apart, attempting poorly to nurse the mangled remains. Moving on. Within a matter of weeks. Being suddenly in love, again!! “This is perfect, it will last, I’ve found my other half!!” REPEAT. Idiots. Life could certainly hurt a lot less. We eventually become numb to it, just another day, another rumor. So, to my younger generations, please stop this lunacy. You’re screwing up the world my kids will eventually live in!!
Molars!! We are working on cutting molars! This is the least amount of fun for her…I feel so bad, but I just can’t help but squeeze her and accept her loving sobs all over my shirt. I rocked her for 20 minutes! Well, she’s always been a lovey baby, and I can do this any time, but its that special feeling when the only person that can make it feel better is YOU. I just love her!! Still major slinkage when she doesn’t want to be made to walk…hilarious crumpling to the ground and absolute refusal. “No.” Hahah…She’s such a diva.
My aunt pointed out that my kids sleep nearly 12 hours at night, plus a two-three hour nap. I now understand just how lucky I am!! I can’t help but wonder why I would ever want to add a third to the mix and mess that up?!?
I was singing Taylor Swift’s (of ALL people, of ALL songs in the world) December, its one of those that just sticks in my head.
Addie is eating lunch, she asks me “Mom, can you sing (insert sudden dark/low voice noise) Got Jesus on my necklaces-ezz-ezz…”
Ahahahahaha…I laughed and laughed!! There’s only so much children’s singing and country and KLRC a mom can take, and this is one of my favorite up-beat songs. I am shamefully a fan of Ke$ha. She’s in the same category as Miley Ray Cyrus. I like her too, I’m a closet MRC lover. Party in the USA really did that one in for me…Doug thinks he’s married a 15 year old. I am young at heart, let me be young at heart and dumb!!! I’m well rounded, I like everything!!
Addie is doing great at everything, she loves to learn. We breezed through X, Y, Z flashcards reading each word fairly easily. This kid even uses the potty, wipes herself, then puts herself to bed for a nap. This makes me wonder what I really am doing with my free time since both my kids are independent and very capable…I need a hobby. Suggestions? (This obviously has to be something I can learn myself, and at home during breaks!)
Inception. Amazing movie. Amazingly confusing if you’re not paying attention. LeoDi in that one. Buried, Ryan Reynolds…I’m not sure I would watch it ever again. He was nominated for his role? Shocking, this was filmed with just him, in a box, buried alive. Obviously, given the title. Due Date, Zach Galafianakis, Robert Downey Jr. I think if you’re a teenager, or a drunk man, this would be funnier. I’m just NOT a fan of RDJ cursing and using the F word so much. He’s such a classy guy!! I like dumb movies, in fact I will watch Anchorman, Mean Girls, or Hangover if its on any channel, but this was a low level of comedy I even found distasteful. (“My father, the inventor of toaster strudel, wouldn’t be too pleased to hear about this.” haha)
The Amazing Loaf
1 pkg McCormick’s meatloaf seasoning
1 lb. ground beef
1 TBSP olive oil
1 small Vidalia or yellow onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, sliced
2 carrots, chopped
2 small potatoes, chopped
1 egg
Handful of bread crumbs
1 teaspoon celery salt
Pepper (to taste)
1 pkg McCormick’s brown gravy mix
Heat oven to 400 degree. Give the frying pan a good glug of olive oil, then over medium-high heat cook the onions, celery, carrots, and potatoes until soft, about 10-15 minutes, salt and pepper slightly. Remove from heat and cool. In a large bowl, mix ground beef, meatloaf seasoning, celery salt, pepper, egg, bread crumbs, and cooled pan ingredients until fairly blended. Shape into two loaves, in a 9x13 pan and bake for approx 35 minutes, checking for doneness. While meatloaf is baking, make brown gravy mix according to package. Serve with buttered peas, and rolls!! YUM…great alternative to ordinary meatloaf.
I will hopefully be attempting to try making homemade dish detergent, HERE. MoneySavingMom.com is a great website I encourage penny pinchers to check out, she teaches you a lot of things and there's tons of helpful advice as well as fun stuff!! I also read putting distilled vinegar in the jet dry spot will help with dish cloudiness? My SIL puts bleach in the bottom to be sure they’re extra clean. My MIL boils dish detergent on the stove to clean hard to remove black burn remains. I guess I married into a family of intelligence here!! They know everything!! I will also try my first deal scenario using coupons and in-store coupons coupled with sales this week. I’m really not sure I’m coupon using and deal swindling material, not to this extreme but it should be interesting
Happy Monday!
Kesolyn
P.S. I am addicted to Angry Birds, the game on iPhone/iPad (or the “I” own you technology). I have wasted SO much time bombarding those pigs, and they just keep laughing at me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment