My frustrations are released through sarcasm, witty but cutting banter. This, I have control of. I let Kestan fully take over. Kestan comes to life when I am sick, stressed, tired, hungry, migraine-y, down, angry, and sad. She makes mean jokes, snaps quickly, has a quick temper, irritable, and just in general needs to be avoided. After a particularly long day or evening, you can find her sipping on a bottle of red wine, soaking in much pleasure while watching misery shows. Misery shows, are shows created to make you feel better watching someone else’s stupidity or desperation. Wipeout, for example, watching desperate people bound and leap for a chance at 10k. Idiots. Kestan laughs heartily when they look stupid, having no control over the situations. This is not a case of double personality, more or less a FULL personality. Kestan has been visiting (intruding) today. Without calling, or even knocking. She just bulldozed right in, bringing her loud, obnoxious self and sprawling herself out all over my couch, even having the nerve to ask me for cookies. She’s annoyed because she drank too much coffee, and now has the jitters. She’s annoyed because she doesn’t want to clean the house, because its always a mess just a few minutes after she’s cleaned it. I try telling her she will feel better if the house is clean, that clutter is in fact stressful on 80% of people. She tells me I am making that up. Liar. We argue for a while, I tell her she’s sucking the life out of me today. Fun sucker. Jerk. And NO, I DIDN’T MAKE THE DAMN COOKIES FOR YOU!!!! That’s right, I went there, came back, and slapped yo momma with that one.
I will send your mom an apology letter later…please send my reguards.
This semester is looking rough for Doug, for the three days he was off he did nothing but homework. Literally. From the moment after breakfast, until dinner, then after dinner til bed time. I hate that. He is seriously considering finding a part time, or less demanding job with more regular hours. This is a hard decision, and we are praying about it. We appreciate the security we currently have, but he’s running himself dog tired and spreading too thin. A job at the school would be awesome and ideal! Unfortunately, its extremely difficult making that happen. And of course, this is all hypothetical. This is my opinion. Wal-Mart has shown us nothing of the kind and family oriented workplace they have promoted of themselves. Empty promises. One would have to push to make things happen, and even then you wouldn’t get very far by yourself. Ask yourself, do you know ANYONE who is actually happy with the way things work at Wal-Mart? No.
Lillian is a funny baby. She laughs at everything, so easy. We currently have a hitting problem, when she’s frustrated or told no. Its not really even hitting, because its so light, but she does it in a way to make herself clear about what she means by it. This is a hard habit for me to break. I’ve tried several different ways of handling this, including ignoring it. This makes her hit harder and faster, with yelling. I’ve hit her back, softly in her belly to show her how it feels. This makes her cry and I feel bad. I’ve been told to try squeezing her hand lightly, its not supposed to feel good. I’ve done this most often, but she laughs!! She looks at me, opens her mouth as if to cry, and laughs!! Ahahaha…then she gives me the grinning “I’m so naughty but its funny” face and I have to turn away so I can laugh. This does NOT help my situation!! I love her too much. I know I’m turning her into a stinker. I will fix this, eventually.
This is one of the cutest pictures, they’re both sick, watching a Baby Einstein. Why does sitting in something special make them feel better? I have no idea!!
We watched Alpha and Omega last pizza/movie night. I really don’t recommend it, its not that great and has adult innuendo that was not only inappropriate, but not funny either. Don’t waste your time on that one! I can’t wait til we can get our hands on Tangled!!
I suppose I should end this and run out to the store to prepare for the ice storm that’s coming. Stuff like this always seems to happen when Doug has to work. Ugh. Don’t forget to make snow ice cream!! :D
-Kesolyn
p.s. I've realized how truly blessed I am recently. My silly personality probably overshadows that, but I know we are only here because God has allowed us to come this far. I am thankful that I can be who I am, and still serve an amazing God! I have grown spiritually a great deal this past year, and I appreciate everyone's support in this process. I love you all!!
I love your blog entries. They make me laugh, you witty thing! And I understand the unwelcome visitor, Kestan. I have a similar visitor. I just haven't named her yet. Well, nothing i should repeat at least. ;) Praying for Doug's school/job situation and wisdom for your guys. Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDelete