
Friday we dropped off the supplies at The Alliance, which was set up in the Food4Less parking lot. 3 giant semi's were being filled and emptied at the same time as people poured in in need of various things. It took all of 2 minutes for them to unload everything we brought, everything that took me all week to round up. There were so many helpers, it was amazing!! People were using F4L shopping carts to fill with necessities. We took a wrong road trying to get back out of Joplin and ended up driving right past the damage off the Main road. I am in awe of the impressive power of Mother Nature, of the number of caring individuals pouring into Joplin and the relief being provided. All I can say is, I know God is there right now. This is the worst tornado in 60 years. God Bless those people.
Something else I thought I'd explain is the Charlotte Russe campaign this fall! This is very exciting for me, not just as a person but as a mom and someone who sometimes feels like a "filler" for the needs of others. I'm hoping to upload just a few of the pictures submitted. From what I have gathered, this is a nationwide campaign that will launch in August. The pictures we submitted are the actual pictures that will be used IN the campaign!
The Beginning: I am a fan of Charlotte Russe on fb. (this is where you go and "like" them on fb too!!) They posted a contest for a few new BFF denim competition. I figured, why not? The worst anyone can ever do is say NO. With that attitude, I sent in my "best" pictures and a short paragraph of who I am and what I am about. A reply came saying I was a finalist! No way! They requested my jeans size, and address, and which style jeans I prefered. I received the box in the mail with the jeans and more instructions...basically take pictures in good lighting on highest resolution setting. Send in full body shots.

Hahah...they DID say sassy.




We bought a Canon Ti3 the next day. Ha! We had been wanting a nice camera anyways, and it was the perfect opportunity (and excuse!) to buy one. The pictures were taken at our house, or down the road, and in Siloam (Siloam love!! The old buildings were perfect!). We submitted 9 total pictures by cut off, and after 11 LONG days of waiting...email announcing you were a winner sent out. Although this has felt a little disorganized, I am definitely pleased with the outcome. I feel this is more than an old momma deserves, but who can resist rooting for an under dog, right? Hahah. That's the story, for anyone who is interested in hearing it! One of 5 girls, who I might add are younger and taller than me. "One of these things are not like the others" to steal from a Sesame Street song :)
That's all I've got. We had an amazing few weeks, and Doug made straight A's again this last semester!! I am so proud of his achievements!! And, because I must give credit where credit is due, he also took the pictures for the CR campaign. He's a talented guy. Memorial Day at Devil's Den was awesome, rarely throughout the year do we get to see some of our extended family and it was so fun being outside now that the girls are old enough to enjoy it!! Lillian was such a ham!! Addie came home and the next day had a super swollen eye, of which we never knew the true reason for inflammation. It was big and puffy all around, with clear whites of her eyes? Idk. Its better today. I'm off to grab LilBil, who has been a bum sleeping in til now.
Thanks to everyone for the help, and for the support over these past few weeks!! :D
Kes
No comments:
Post a Comment